WHAT IS FREEKEH?
Learn more about the use of Freekeh in the video below.
It used to be that when it came to fixing something for dinner – rice, pasta and potatoes would be the staple go to. Well, now there’s Freekeh! (pronounced free-ka)
Greenwheat Freekeh is a delicious, highly nutritious grain made from roasted green grains. It is free from any chemicals or GMO. Currently we make Freekeh from wheat but plan to produce Freekeh from green barley, green triticale and other green grains soon. Because the grains are harvested while still young, Freekeh contains more protein, vitamins, and minerals than the same mature grain and other grains. It is low GI, low carb, high in fibre (up to four times the fibre of brown rice) and rich in prebiotic properties. According to the CSIRO Freekeh is excellent for managing diabetes and may diminish the risk of colorectal cancer and diverticulitis.
Greenwheat Freekeh can be used in a variety of ways:
- as a side dish (prepared and served like rice)
- as an ingredient in soups and stuffings
- served with warm and cold salads
- as an ingredient in burgers-the possibilities are endless!
- Freekeh flour, semolina, and bran make fantastic breads, pastries, and pastas
THE FREEKEH RANGE
- 400g box Wholegrain Freekeh
- 400g box Cracked Grain Freekeh
FOR FOOD SERVICE / BULK SERVICE
- 20kg bag Wholegrain Freekeh
- 20kg bag Cracked Grain Freekeh
- 20kg bag Finely Cracked Freekeh
- 20kg bag Quinoa and Freekeh blend
All products are available for export. Contact us now.