Freekeh Yoghurt and Zucchini Loaf
Perfect to share for the whole family
500g Zucchini, grated
500g Natural yoghurt
150mls Fresh milk
100mls Olive oil
30mls Maple syrup
1 each Egg
250g Freekeh flour
750g Wholewheat flour
45g Compressed yeast
200g Pumpkin seeds
120g Grated matured cheese
120g Cracked Freekeh
Yog Zuc Loaf
30g Grated parmesan
30g Sesame seeds
60g Pumpkin seeds
15g Grated matured cheese
(Serves 3 loaves)
- To make the topping, mix all of the ingredients together.
- To make the yoghurt and zucchini loaves, soak the cracked Freekeh for 2 hours.
- Sieve all of the dry ingredients together into a bowl. Add the grated zucchini and all the remaining ingredients to the mixture and mix on a slow speed for 8-10 minutes, or until a smooth, clear and moist dough is formed.
- Divide the dough into 3 x 800g pieces and place each of the pieces into a 12cm round sponge tin. Press the dough into each tin, to create a flat, even surface.
- Brush the top of the dough pieces with some cream and sprinkle with the topping.
- Allow the dough to prove for 90 minutes, then bake in a 200°C oven for 45 minutes.
- When baked, remove the loaves from their tins and cool upside down on a rack. Cut into wedges to serve.