Cracked Freekeh Bread
250 Cracked Grain Freekeh
750g Bakers flour
10g Gluten flour
20g Milk powder
60g Dry yeast
- Soak grains overnight in 250ml of water
- Next Day. Dissolve yeast in remaining water. Place all ingredients into mixer. Using dough hook, mix for approximately 4 minutes until a soft call is formed.
- Allow to rest in a warm, draught free position until dough has doubled in size.
Give dough a quick knead, then divide dough into two.
- Shape into loaves & place int loaf tins. Dust the top of each loaf with baker’s flour.
- Allow loaves to once again double in size. Bake loaves in a pre heated oven (190ºC) for about 20 minutes until golden and hollow sounding when tapped.
- Remove from tins and allow to cool on a rack.