Burgers for the whole family to enjoy
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 medium carrots, grated
2 sticks celery, grated
30 ml olive oil
2 large cloves garlic, crushed
250g cooked Freekeh TM (cracked or whole grain)
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground coriander
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
100 g fresh bread crumbs
juice from 1/2 lemon
salt and pepper
flour for coating, oil for shallow frying
- Fry onion, carrot, and celery in the oil until soft and lightly browned. Transfer to bowl and combine with garlic, Freekeh TM, cumin, coriander, parsley, and lemon juice.
- Add egg and process roughly in a blender until mixture binds together, then add bread crumbs, salt/pepper, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape the mixture into burgers and lightly coat in flour.
- Fry in the oil, taking care when turning burgers over.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with salad greens.