Warm Prawn and Freekeh Salad
1 bunch Curly endive
1 bunch Spring onions
10g Thyme leaves
2 lt Fish stock
60 mls Olive oil
400mls Extra virgin olive oil
50mls Verjuice (or lemon juice)
1 each Garlic clove
Salt and black pepper to taste
- To make the dressing, mix the verjuice and the olive oil. Mince the garlic with the salt and add to the verjuice/oil mix. Season with the salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To make the salad, soak the Freekeh in cold water for 4 hours then drain.
- Place the Freekeh and thyme leaves into a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, skim, then simmer until the Freekeh is just soft.
- After washing, slice the spring onions and pick the endive.
- Wash and quarter the tomatoes and remove the seeds. Cut the tomato flesh into small dice. Clean the prawns and poach in the fish stock. Remove the prawns from the stock and keep warm.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or wok. Toss the prawns and Freekeh into the oil and add all of the remaining ingredients.
- To serve, place some salad greens onto a serving plate and place the prawn and Freekeh salad on top. Finish by pouring over some dressing.